Apply for our SCITT Programme Director Vacancy
SCITT Programme Director
Discovery Schools Academy Trust – Inspiring Leaders SCITT
L9-L13 (£51,402 – £56,721 full time equivalent)
32.5 hours per week
Starting September 2021 (1-year fixed term contract initially covering a substantive post holder on a secondment. View to making the role permanent)
About Us and the Role
Inspiring Leaders Teacher Training is an Outstanding Teacher Training partnership working across the East Midlands providing Primary and Secondary ITT. In 2017 Ofsted judged us programme to be Outstanding in our first inspection and since then we have grown our partnership to include two new Hub Partners. Our training route provides all trainees with a blend of school experience alongside an innovative and inspiring taught programme, leading to the award of QTS and a PGCE.
The Programme Director will join an experienced and passionate team who will support them in their role. We have a central team consisting of SCITT Partnership Director, SCITT Recruitment Coordinator, and marketing support and then each local partner has a SCITT Hub Leader, professional tutor team (cohort dependant) and local administration support. This postholder will join the central team and work with each of our Hub Leaders, who owns a specific element of the SCITTs work, to develop the SCITTs provision.
- SCITT Leadership – such as working with the SCITT Partnership Director to conduct SCITT Self-Assessment and Improvement Planning, and develop policies and procedures.
- Quality Assurance – such as designing and implementing a robust quality assurance process.
- Development of Curriculum, Assessment and Mentor Standards – such as working with our SCITT hub leaders who each take a leadership role for either curriculum, assessment, or mentor standards.
- Trainee Diversity & Inclusion – such as working alongside our SCITT hub leader to ensure that our training teachers are well equipped for teaching the children they work with, regardless of their starting point or characteristic.
- Trainee Experience – such as quality assuring the experiences of trainees.
- Working with Partners – such as leading the academic on-boarding of new partners, liaising with TS Hubs.
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with existing and potential trainees, School Leaders, Teachers, ITT Leaders and external stakeholders such as the DFE.
- The ability to develop course resources, official SCITT documents and maintain the partnership’s self-evaluation documents.
- Experience of creating improvement plans and delivering against actions.
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Familiarity of working with trainee teachers, the ITT Core Content Framework, Early Career Framework and the teacher standards.
- An understanding of school-based ITT programmes and other ITT routes.
For a full job description and person specification, and to assist in your application, please see Eteach.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected Trust
- The opportunity to help improve the lives of children in our schools
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- Pension scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme